Junior High Main Page
Brookland Jr. High School Announcements
*JROTC car wash will be Saturday at Advanced Auto on Highland from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
*Any students who are not currently in choir and want to audition for Sophomore Select Choir (9th graders only) or Troubadours (8th graders Only) Need to email Mrs. Arnold for audition information: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Any student not in band, but would like to be, see Mr. Hogard or Miss Ferrell for information on how you can join.
*All track uniforms and sweats need to be turned in ASAP or you'll be put on the debt list.
*Any boy interested in playing jr boys basketball next year, tryouts will be Thursday and Friday, May 9th and 10th directly after school until 4 both days in the arena.
*Any girl grade 8th-11th interested in trying out for the softball team needs a current physical. Tryouts will be May 20-21 from 330-5 at the softball field. Sign up in the office or see Coach Sanders.
*Students, have your parent call by May 14 to put your name on the checkout list for semester test. You must be debt free to be eligible for exemption.
*The Brookland Golf team will begin practices Monday, April 29th at 5:30 at the Sage Meadows Country Club driving range. Practice will continue on Monday nights at 5:30 throughout May.
Junior High Retake Guidelines
- All students may retake assessments aiming for mastery learning.
- Students are required to retake an assessment if they score below 70%.
- There will be a two week deadline for each retake. (No retakes will be given within the last week of the current grading period.)
- Students who abuse the retake policy will lose retake privileges and are subject
to disciplinary action.
- Students must be re-mediated before they can retake an assessment. Remediation could include:
- Completing homework
- Correcting homework
- Test corrections
- Individual tutoring (tutoring outside of the school is acceptable, but documentation would be necessary)